Every now and then I meet someone who is so cool that I need everyone to know about them IMMEDIATELY.
Richa Gupta is one of those people.
One of my clients met Richa at a food fair and played matchmaker between us. Her company, Good Food for Good, makes healthy sauces and when I learned that she does a Butter Chicken curry that is only 80 calories per serving (as opposed to 200 +) and includes hemp protein, I was about to storm her warehouse to get my hands on some.
Fortunately, I didn’t have to because Richa invited me to come and check it out. This is a quick video about the day we met and why I was so impressed with what she is doing to make the world healthier.
Wondering what to do with all that healthy delicious? Here are some ideas from Richa’s site:
Massala Cauliflower Steak
- 1 head Cauliflower, sliced into two steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/ 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Tikka Masala Sauce
Heat the oven to 400 degrees, on a sheet pan place the two steaks and rub them with oil and salt. Bake for about 20-30 minutes till fork tender and brown on edges
If cooking on stove top, take a heavy bottom skillet and pour 1tbsp of oil. Once pan is hot, add the steak and cook on each side till it turns brown about 5 minutes if the cauliflower is still not fork tender, lower the heat, cover the pan and cook for another 10 minutes.
Once the steaks are done, plate them and drizzle with warm tikka masala sauce and garnish with pommegrante seeds and cashews.
Delicious! Serve with basmati rice and salad or a warm naan.
Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, washed and brushed
- 1.5 cups cooked black beans
- 1 jar Good Food For Good Ancho Chile Enchilada Sauce or if you like spicy try the Chile de Arbol Taco Sauce.
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup diced deseeded tomato
- Fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Poke several holes into each sweet potato and place on the baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes till they are fork tender.After baking let the potatoes cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare guacamole and black beans.
- Black Bean Sauce: In a shallow pan pour all the Enchilada sauce and black beans with 1/4 cup of water and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Guacamole: Prepare guacamole by dicing the Avocado, add onions, tomato, salt to taste and lime juice.
- Assemble sweet potato: Slice each potato in half lengthwise like a hot dog bun leaving the bottom intact. Pour the saucy black beans in the middle and top it with fresh guacamole.
- Garnish with chopped pepper and cilantro.
Did you like this post? Want more healthy recipes and features on other people doing cool, healthy stuff? Leave a comment and let me know!