That’s it. There must be something wrong with my hormones.
Does that thought sound familiar?
When you are doing all the things you are supposed to do-
– and STILL you have more body fat than seems reasonable given that effort?
And you think
- There’s got to be something going on with my thyroid
- Or maybe my adrenals are shot…
- Or maybe this has something to do with menopause?
Before you go to a bunch of appointments and get a bunch of blood work done –
LISTEN TO THIS INTERVIEW:
This is me talking to Dr. Sadaf Jeelani, one of the members of my MFA program who happens to be an Endocrinologist.
She and I were starting to notice that there is a LOT of misinformation about hormones and how they affect your weight (especially as we get older).
In this interview, Dr. Jeelani gives you the truth about:
- What hormonal conditions make it hard to lose weight and what to do about it.
- What you can do to support your thyroid
- Whether keto and intermittent fasting work
- What you need to do after menopause to lose weight
- What happens to your metabolism after you lose a significant amount of weight.
I’m going to warn you right now, dude –
Some of the facts in this interview might make you uncomfortable.
The truth about hormones and weight is very different than what the diet/wellness industry is pushing right now.
But if you have ever wondered ‘maybe there’s something wrong with my hormones’ –
– you owe it to yourself to listen to this ^^.